Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Return Ticket

We arrived in Taipei this morning (Wednesday) about 7:30 AM. The 14 hr 40 min plane ride wasn't that bad except the woman behind us who horked when landing, then we couldn't wait to get off the plane. Other than that we pretty much "slept" the whole time, not very restfully though. Food was good, except for the gigantic earwig on Rico's bak choy :/












We got to drive through Taipei and see some of it, Rico tried stinky tofu, and we just tried to get over jet lag and get our bearings. We're definitely not in Irvine anymore. It is VERY different, but exciting and cool.



Rico tried stinky tofu. I was not brave enough.

Right before he tries it.

 Trying to get it down.
 Rico trying to explain the taste.
 All in all a fun experience!


Yay for Taiwan!

We both look sooo tired. Now time to sleep. Good night!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Taiwan! That thing on Rico's food looks nasty! I am impressed that Rico tried stinky tofu. I still can't bring myself to eat the stuff. LOVE the photos of him trying it though. Can't believe you stayed up the whole day - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, Megan! I only wish you would have included one of the horking woman. We wish we could be exploring the Motherland with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Rico didn't even mention it to me until I saw the picture he took! He said he didn't want to scare me before we even got there :)They fed us at odd times on the plane too, they fed us on Taiwan times not L.A. times.

    We pretty much stayed up for the whole day except for between 3pm and 7pm when Rico's student Shane dropped us back at the hostel and we literally felt like we just closed our eyes before he was knocking on the door again.

    I don't think a picture would have done the horking justice. Only smell-a-vision. Trust me, it was bad, started gagging myself. (In fact Taiwan is full of peculiar smells in general, just have to get used to it I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, when you are flying to a different time zone, they always try to feed you according to that place...just to get you on schedule.

    Smell-a-vision? Please, no. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen an earwig on food, gross! It won't take long to get on Taiwan time as long as you make an effort to stay up until its time to go to bed (no naps). Have a great morning guys :)

    ReplyDelete